Our mission is to glorify God through the faithful preaching of God's word and training of His people, while reaching the world for Christ. Our goal can be summarized by the words of the Apostle Paul in Colossians 1:28 "Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ." We seek to fulfill this mission by God's power and grace.Visit Us
1. We believe in the absolute authority and accuracy of the 66 books of the Bible, its full verbal inspiration in the original manuscripts, and its all-sufficiency as the Christian’s rule of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
2. We believe that there is but one God, the Creator, Preserver, and Ruler of all things, who is perfect in holiness and in love, infinite in wisdom, and measureless in power, and who reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Nehemiah 9:6; I Chronicles 29:11-12; Exodus 15:11; 1 John 4:8).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is true God and true man and is the only and sufficient mediator between God and man (Matthew 1:20; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2; John 1:14; John 12:45; John 14:9; 1 Timothy 2:5).
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, whose ministry is to convince the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment, to give the new birth, and to seal, sanctify, teach, and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ (John 16:8-11; John 3:3, John 7:14-26; Ephesians 1:13).
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God by direct creation and that he sinned and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death; thus, we believe that all men by nature and by choice are sinners and, apart from Christ, shall be forever separated from God (Genesis 1:26; Genesis 2:17; Genesis 3:6; Ezekiel 18:20; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23).
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Revelation 1:5).
7. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith, not by works, and that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are born again of the Holy Spirit, thereby becoming children of God. We believe in the eternal security of the believer (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:12; John 3:3-7; John 10:27-29).
8. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present ministry there for us as High Priest and Advocate. We believe in the personal, visible, imminent, return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His church and in His coming in Glory with the believers to set up His kingdom upon the earth (1 Corinthians 15:4; Acts 1:8-11; Hebrews 4:14-16; 1 John 2:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Revelation 19:11-16; Revelation 20:1-15).
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just, the bodily resurrection of the unjust, the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost (1 Corinthians 12:20-24; Revelation 20:12-15; 2 Corinthians 5:8).
10. We believe that the local church is a voluntary association of baptized believers equal in rank and privilege, subject to the Word of God, and independent of any external ecclesiastical control whatsoever. We believe that God’s Word commands every believer to be baptized by immersion in water. Though baptism has no saving merit, it does show union with the crucified, buried, and risen Savior (Acts 8:38; Acts 18:8; Romans 6:3-5).
11. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a provision of bread and the cup, which are symbolic of Christ’s broken body and shed blood; that the Lord’s Supper is partaken of by saved individuals in commemoration of the suffering and death of their Lord, and in anticipation of His soon coming again; that its observance is to be preceded by faithful self-examination (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-30).
12. We believe marriage is a gift from God. At creation God ordained and instituted marriage. Marriage is therefore a sacred calling to be lived under His direction and for His glory. God originally ordained for marriage to be a lifelong sexually exclusive union between one man and one woman. All sexual relations must therefore be reserved for that union. We have the responsibility to uphold God’s view of marriage in such a way that we demonstrate His holy purpose for marriage and resist anything that tries to undermine this institution. Any form of sexual immorality is both sinful and offensive to God. The effort to redefine marriage as something including same-sex unions is another attack on marriage as a God-given institution. We believe that God would want us to be on record as being active in support of God’s design for marriage and family and to resist with equal commitment any attacks on these institutions (Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 2:18-25, Exodus 20:14; Matthew 19:3-12; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20; Ephesians 5:22-33; Hebrews 13:4).
13. We believe children are a blessing from the Lord. All human life is sacred and worthy of protection from the moment of conception (Genesis 1:26-28; Psalm 127:1-5, Psalm 128:1-6; Psalm 139:13-16; Matthew 19:13-14; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Ephesians 5:22-33; Hebrews 13:4).
While we believe in one Church consisting of all true believers united under Christ, our individual church is governed independently and not connected to any particular group or denomination. We are listed on a few directories of organizations who we agree with in beliefs, mission, and vision. We also partner with other churches of similar faith and practice.
9 Marks of a Healthy Church
Find Faith Baptist Church on the 9 Marks of a Healthy Church ministry website church search feature! 9Marks's goal is to help show what a healthy, biblical church should look like. Learn more about what the nine marks stand for at the link below.9 Marks of a Healthy Church
The Gospel Coalition
Find Faith Baptist Church on The Gospel Coalition's church directory! The Gospel Coalition is a group of pastors and churches that exist to promote gospel-centered ministry and biblically-faithful resources for the church.Visit the Gospel Coalition
The English Standard Version
There are many high-quality Bible translations available, but one we highly recommend and use most frequently in our gatherings is the English Standard Version (ESV). It is an "essentially literal" translation in contemporary English, created by a team of more than 100 leading evangelical scholars and pastors, emphasizing "word-for-word" accuracy, literary excellence, and depth of meaning.Learn more about the ESV
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES: Want to Learn More?
Would you like to learn more about the message of the Bible, the good news of Jesus, and what we teach? Use the link below to see some of our recommended resources or use the contact page to get in touch!Our Recommend Resources